Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heavenly Attire

Since their citizenship is in heaven, Christians put on heavenly jewels. They learn from the world. Worldly people, no matter where they live, try to dress themselves as much as they can according to the custom of their land. They do this to please the world. How much more should Christians observe and imitate the ways of the land to which they belong: heaven! How much more should they adorn themselves according to the custom of heaven, to please God! Christians forget all other adornment to obtain the jewel of godliness. Those who desire this jewel are adorned by God with holy virtues. Holy virtues look better on them than gold chains around their necks. Those who recognize this forget about pearls and silk and gold. -Peter Rideman via
The Secret of the Strength by Peter Hoover.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket



PhotobucketPhotobucket

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello Bridgett! So good to hear from you! How have things been? We pray for you whenever you cross our hearts. Lovely post!
Blessings,
Lisa

Monica said...

I'm glad to see that you're back. I found your blog...somehow..and started following you. I saw that you had to cut-back for a while and kept you in prayer that God would make it possible for you to return to blogging...I enjoy your blog.

In Christ,
Monica

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

I didn't lose my internet, but my zest for blogging. I'm going thru something and I have been wasting my time on fb games and movies trying not to think about the huge trial that is before me.

And then besides that, school is about to start in a few days, and I have to have a fair trial hearing because the government says that I have an income even though neither me nor my husband is working. So please pray about that.

Other than that, I've been growing in the Lord, enjoying my family and friends, and loving church.

God Bless you all!

Daughter to THE King said...

You truly are a treasure in the eyes of God and myself. Thank you for sharing this quote, I really needed to hear it today.

If I never get to meet you this side of heaven I am looking forward to dancing with you and getting to praise God in heaven with you!

All my love sister,
Amy

Daughter to THE King said...

First I write my own comment and then read the others and just read your trial.

I am sorry sister. God is faithful and will provide. We have not forgetten about you and we do pray daily for you and your family. We will continue to pray until we see God's merciful and mighty hand provide just as He says He will in His Word. Lifting you and this trial up today and laying it down on HIS feet. May He show MANY who is in control so that your valley is not in vain. Because we are daughters to The King!

Praying (((HUGS)))

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Amy, your comments are a blessing to me. I do hope I meet you on the other side dancing with the Lord!
Keep on being His soldier!