Monday, July 19, 2010

Mom? Uh...who's that?

So my son asks me for a cup of water. I go into the kitchen and give it to him. As he takes it, he replies, "Thanks Mom". I told him that he was welcome and as I started to do the dishes, it dawned on me. He called me MOM. Not Mommy. WHAT???
When did i get to this stage?

I thought about it. And this is always what i believed. From the time they can talk till about 2, they call you mama. From 2-12, they call you Mommy. From 13-30, they call you Mom. And from 31 till death, they call you Ma.

That's always how I thought of it. So how in the WORLD did my son advance at age 5, to call me MOM as if he were already in the stage where "mommy" would be embarrasing.

I don't know, I just want to know when my cute little son will call me mommy again. :*(

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

Nabila Grace said...

Kids sure grow up fast don't they? :o) By the way I really like your new layout! :o)

Chambray Blue said...

Love your white dog. It looks like my Gracie. What a sweet post. Tonight I was tucking my 3 yr. old granddaughter in, and I said "I love you Rissie"... she says in return "Thank you Grammy." Our children are so precious. You have a beautiful family. Be blessed, bobbi

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Nambila-Thanks. I change my layouts often. :)
Yes, children grow up too fast. I remember how small they were. *sniff*


Chambray Blue-
Gracie is so cute! Our poodle is much older, so not too much of the entertainment, just the constant loyalty and love.

Mrs. White said...

Sometimes, when they get much older, they will call you "Mommy" again, to be cute!

I just came by to thank you for entering my King Arthur Flour giveaway. You have a precious family and a lovely blog!

Blessings
Mrs. White
The Legacy of Home

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Thank you Mrs. White. I'm glad for your visit. I like your blog too. :)

Glenda said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know, my 24 year old son still calls me 'Mommy'...to the razz of his friends...and he just does not care. He's a full-grown man who still calls me 'Mommy' and I love it! My 21 year old daughter calls me 'Mommy' too. My other two call me 'Mom'...but I hope never 'Ma'!!! My mother forbids us to call her 'Ma'...and I can see why! LOL

I wanted to say...I am a headcovering, homeschooling Mom who lives in Port Jervis, NY...not too far from you!

Blessings!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Nice to meet you Glenda! If you are ever by my way, let me know! The kids need more playdates with godly children. I admit, I called my mom "Ma" and my husband calls his mom "ma" as well. I think it's a Puerto Rican thing. ;P