Saturday, June 12, 2010

Would you PLEASE eat something!!

Photobucket

I am SO sick of these ultra-skinny women on tv, billboards, and even real life looking like their pregnant if they swallowed a pea! It is such a shame that these women are influencing the minds of young women today. They have no idea of the damage they are doing. Or if they do, they don't care because they are being paid. I'm sure if they were not making those quadruple digits to walk up and down a stage, they wouldn't do it.

Photobucket

Anorexia and Bulimia are rampant in high school girls (and boys too!). It all leads to a lifetime of self-depreciation, low self esteem, and can become Body Dysmorphic Disorder.


Photobucket

Come on ladies, can i give you a cookie? Or maybe some ribs? Cause yours are showing!

Seriously. Please if anyone has a problem with self-image, please get help. Talk to someone you trust. You are beautiful.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Beautifully Veiled said...

It is just so strange. I was an ultra-thin child (ok, don't ya'll all go looking at my blog now...)I was so thin that I was self-conscious aobut it, because I knew I was thinner than most people. (ok, everyone I had ever met in my life) I grieve for these girls. They are believing the lie of the enemy....I once knew a whole sorority in a college that struggled with anorexia/bulemia. Every one of them. The enemy has crept into not only our schools, but our churches and "church colleges" as well. Of course, we've let him with the tv, movies, etc.....And so we keep praying. And I for one am trying my best to keep my 3 daughters away from anything that focuses on weight. I don't talk about mine, and I'm teaching them that grown women don't look like 12 year old girls. Grown women have some cushion for babies and grandbabies!!!!
Blessings!
Linda