Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My weight loss struggle

Ok so i have resigned to try to make my lifestyle healthy again. So first off, i gave up meat. I was a vegetarian before and it lasted over a year and i lost weight and had more energy. But i caved in when my dad made bacon one day. lol. And i have been eating meat ever since. Now i know that just not eating meat is not gonna help me and i have been exercising on and off but i really need support. Sometimes i feel like i take one step forward and 3 steps back. Like when i did exercise 2 days in a row and then the next night had a whole box of chocolates. So i need accountability. I'm going to be posting what i eat on here so i can get feedback, and if i fall off the food wagon, all the world will see and i will face the consequences. Whoa, that looked like a long run-on sentence. lol.

So no better time like the present. Right now I am eating 2 cheese quesadillas with spaghetti sauce and a spinach salad with tomatoes, onions, garlic, croutons, and Italian dressing. Now that i think about it i think i could have put lemon juice and olive oil instead of the Italian dressing. Oh well...





Photobucket

4 comments:

The Road Less Traveled said...

Wow, you are always saying how you wish I lived near you so I could teach you.....now it's my turn...Oh Sis. Bridget how I wish you lived near me, I need you to teach me how to eat raw/vegetarian ways...I've been on this quest of changing the way we eat for about two months. We are drinking green juice in the morning and trying not to eat past 5:00pm or sunset which ever comes first. And early to be bed which is hard for me. More Water and we want to eventually eat 80% raw (not meat) and 20% rest of what's left. WE read labels and corn syrup, hydronated anything is a no--no, lol you should see my girls grabbing products and reading label. They will actually put back a candy bar if it has corn syrup in it. Any way I have NO creativity when it come to making a veggie meal...well again I have to turn to youtube or book for my for references...

Beautifully Veiled said...

That sounds like a wonderful lunch. I'll be praying about it all for you. It is a really hard thing, especially after having babies. I do believe grown women are supposed to have some softness to them, but I know how hard it is when it is more than you believe it is supposed to be. Thanks for being so open! We all need to be able to encourage each other, in whatever our struggles are!!!

Hishandmaid said...

Hi, I just found your blog! It's nice to meet you! I'm excited, I don't meet very many black women who dress modestly and cover also!

I admire you for posting what you eat. I'm really struggling with weight loss myslef. When I make a few more online friends through my blog, I may try something like that too!

About the spaghetti sauce. I wanted to give you a tip. If you don't make your own, the kind that comes in the cans, (Hunts, Del Monte), have less fat, than the kind in the jars.

HTH,

Dianna

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Nice to meet you Diana! I peeked at your blog, it's lovely. Thanks for the tip on spaghetti sauce. We don't do anything homemade here. Not that i don't want to, but cooking is something i aspire to, not something I'm skilled at. lol.

Don't admire me for posting what i eat! I have been to ashamed to admit that i had 3 ice cream cones a few days ago! lol