Thursday, February 4, 2010

Barbie's got a brand new bag (like the song)

I love Barbies. Well, at least I did. I grew up on Barbies. They were cute, they had ambition, they were every little girl's dream. Now they are a nightmare.

What happened to the good wholesome Barbies that we all know and love?

Elegant
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket



Refined
Photobucket
Photobucket

Fashionable, but tasteful

Photobucket
Photobucket


Historic

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A Role Model, a doll with purpose!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Nowadays, the Barbies are much more revealing, and on the border of promiscuous.

The new Barbie line called "fashion fever"
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Notice here how the doll is wearing the shirt off of her shoulders. Now when the child gets the matching kid shirt, how do you think she'll wear it?
Photobucket

Even their faeries (don't get me started how Barbie has drifted into the fantasy realm and hasn't left!) look like they are anorexic!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

How in the world are we supposed to build up girls to have good self esteem, a sense of worth, and just plain common sense when they are playing with dolls that wear and look no where near how we'd want our girls to look and wear things (I'd loosely call them clothes) that i at least know MY CHILD IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD GONNA WEAR!

Whoooo! I'm just infuriated over this. Lord, please help our children grow up to be wholesome, righteous, and have a good head on their shoulders.

If you are wondering where to get the wholesome dolls that are in the first top half of the post, visit Frans's House of Dolls and Toys.




Photobucket

5 comments:

Civilla said...

I love Barbies, too. I have a lot of the Dolls of the World with the costumes from the different countries. I have some vintage stuff, too. I got my first Barbie in 1960 when I was 7 years old, and another a few years later when I traded a Tammy for her (she is just as old, and I still have that one).

You are right, the newer ones are AWFUL!!! I wouldn't buy them. Thank goodness you can still buy some decent ones somewhere. Thanks for posting that link.

Lisa said...

Here, here! They are gross, aren't they? I remember a couple of years back, my girls got Barbie's that had a little plastic "belly" and a tiny little curled up baby that you could take out. This Barbie came with a wedding ring on her hand and we thought it was a great doll for the girls to play with. Well, some people didn't like it and I believe it was taken off the market. I guess to be replaced by risque Barbie's...guess that's O.K. with everyone! My goodness!
Blessings,
Lisa

Civilla said...

And those hinged joint ones! I should think you'd want to cover those knees!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Civilia, are you being sarcastic? Cause I can't tell.

Celestial Freak said...

I agree, & I love all the older dolls you posted. I still have my Air Force and Gymnast dolls (ones you pictured.) And if I ever do have daughters, they'll get to play with my saved dolls.