Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekly Homeschool Highlights

MFW Blog Roll


Well it's about time you see something from our homeschooling home don't you think? Eventhough i am generally embarrassed because I'm new at this and don't seem to be quite as organized (or even presentable) as everyone else is!

We are making pottery by mixing cornstarch, flour, water and salt. Don't ask me for the exact measurements because although there were instructions, i made a mistake with the measurements and just winged it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

My daughter's masterpiece
Photobucket


My son's masterpiece
Photobucket



Now you may ask, where is yours? Well....it didn't quite make it past the clay stage. *eyes downward* I failed art in high school.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lainie said...

The pots look great!

Oh, you wanna know something funny? My art teacher in middle school gave me a 'D' and it convinced me for years I was not artistic.

I find it ironic that I later majored in Art but it took a lot of time for me to learn to live above what that teacher thought.

We were created in God's image and He is very creative and artistic-- keep trying :)

The Road Less Traveled said...

They look like they are enjoying themselves!! Oh, I wanna join in...I know they're thrilled mama is 'teacher' and able to homeschool. Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to seeing more pic...great Job Mom! err, ah ehim 'Teacher' :-D

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

People still think i'm crazy for homeschooling. But i love it!

"We were created in God's image and He is very creative and artistic-- keep trying"- I have to remember that!