Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The sadness of classical music

While we were schooling, i had the tv off, but i had youtube on. I had it on an all classical channel that played nonstop classical music from a playlist. After about an hour, my daughter says to me, "Can't you play something else?". I told her, "Classical music is great! Without words the composer can make you feel good, or even cry!"

So she started crying. Immediately. Seriously. It was as if i dealt her an emotional blow!

Rocking, hugs, and a million kisses later, she calmed down.

The joys of parenthood.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Mary at Civilla's Cyber Cafe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Bridget G. said...

I love classical music, especially the violin and piano. But she didn't start crying till i mentioned crying! That's the bad part! lol

The Road Less Traveled said...

Oh the power of suggestion!! I too love it. My two youngest enjoy it quit a bit...youtube huh, gotta try it they both are always wanting to hear some. Thanks for sharing where to listen. So glad you were able to cheer her up :-D

Mia said...

aww! I know how she feels..sometimes the music can truly move the emotions :)

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

But it moves you in the best way Mia! Don't you love it!

YaChnna- She is soooo sensitive it's scary. She's such a little princess. You should know, you have 3!