Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pray for my deliverance

My job is getting harder and harder. Everyone around me is after my
misfortune. The majority of the people I work with are under 25 who
are as promiscuous as they are cold hearted. They treat me as if I am
a lower grade of human because I am not rowdy, sexually open in my
vocabulary or actions, and because I am "religious". I have tried
reaching out to them and they call me unwanted, they laugh at me and
are plain rude to me. I have tried keeping to myself and I am called a
snob and am made fun of anyway. I have no one to talk to except my
husband and my God and my tears as they flow freely and frequently. It
is such a good job that is getting ruined because of these things.
Horrible rumors have been spread about me in the last few months
saying that I complain about everything because I am a Christian and
everything is offensive to me. While it is true that I am a Christian
and a lot of the things that I see and hear are offensive to my Christ
covered ears, I have never said so because it is none of my business
but the rumors keep coming.I pray to God that I don't have to work,
but it is the hand I have been dealt. I know that I could never move
my family to Arizona, to a safe and God fearing environment without
this job.

8 comments:

The Road Less Traveled said...

Sis Bridgett~
I'm so sorry to hear this, we will keep you in prayer, asking Father to give you his wisdom on how to handle the people and rumors. What comes to my mind is Joseph...he was thrown in prison because of a lie...and yet what was meant for his harm Yahweh meant for good...remember all things work together for the good for those who love Messiah...wait on Yahweh be of good courage and wait I say on Yahweh, he will make a way out of no way...we will pray for you.

YahChna in TN

In Modest Apparel said...

Bridget, I will be praying for you. I am so sorry that you are going through these hard times. I hope you will be able to move to Arizona soon, as you mentioned. Blessings,

Amy

Love Abounds At Home said...

Oh Sweet Sister I'm so sorry to hear about whats going on. I'll be praying for you. Hang in there and continue to stand for what's right.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Thank you all so much sisters. Today was much better. Instead of them abusing me, they just ignored me. But I was just so happy to have a little peace.

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

My heart grew heavy as I read your words.

I thought of when David had to encourage himself in the Lord when his men turned on him.

Stay encouraged, sister!

Martha said...

Honey, you are not alone. The Lord already warned us that we will be OUTCASTS in this world. We need to be honoured that we cannot blend in with this world :) that means we're doing something right!!

When I first started working a few years ago (I was 20 at the time), I did NOT make any friends at work and they all viewed me as a prude. Why? The majority of them led open homosexual lifestyles :( I couldn't involve myself and boy am I glad I did. I stayed true to myself and I applaud you for doing the same.

I have a feeling that you will always be an outcast for the rest of your life, but that's okay, we are not of this world anyways! :)

LisaShaw said...

Abba Father,

Please raise up the eyes, heart and life of your daughter Bridget. Your word is clear that no weapon forged against us shall prosper and that every tongue that rises against us shall fall. Lord, let her walk in Your strength, wisdom and comfort. We at times will be persecuted for the sake of Christ but through Christ we can endure and stand strong and so I pray that for my sister in Christ. She can do all things through Christ who strengthens her and I pray Abba Father that she would walk in that truth as You comfort and strengthen her.

Thank You that when all is said and done You are pleased with Bridget Father and so You will rise her above the heads of her enemies to bring You glory and honor Abba Father.

I pray for covering over her marriage and children, their finances, health and home. I thank You that she is yours and nothing anyone else can say or do will stick to her.

We love You Abba Father and we also pray for changed hearts for every person on her job in the Name of Jesus. Thank You Abba in Jesus Name. Amen and Amen.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Thanks for your prayer Lisa, it made me feel a bit better. I am trying to just keep my head down and hope the days pass quickly.

Martha-your comment on being an outcast the rest of my life depresses me. lol. I know it's good to be an outcast for Christ but it's bad when i am not near any other outcasts for Christ to encourage me.

Terry- Thats a good example. I forgot about David. Thank you for reminding me that troubles go further back than me.