Thursday, May 7, 2009

Brooklyn Botanical Garden and Prospect Park Zoo! Part 1

Yesterday, my daughter had a field trip to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. My husband chaperoned and I met them with our son when the field trip was over so we could enjoy the garden as a family. I am SOOOOOOOO glad i wore comfortable sneakers, that garden is HUGE!!!!! It had fountains, streams, indoor gardens, outdoor gardens (obviously), play areas for the younger kids that taught about plants, places where kids could help plant a garden, gazebos, cherry blossom trees, and everything!

I've never seen so many beautiful flowers (and only 3 bugs-2 bees and 1 spider).
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I loved the bonsai trees! They were so intricate. Look at the details!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The flowers came in all shapes and sizes, and the different rooms (tropical forest room, desert room, etc) all had particularly controlled temperatures that are native to where the plant is from so that it would thrive.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My children really didn't like the desert room because of all the cactus. There was nothing separating us from the cactus (and all the other plants). So one trip, and we'd be in a prickly situation.
Photobucket


Photobucket

The tropical room was so humid it was almost unbearable.
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
If i had to choose the desert or rainforest to live, desert all the way!!!
Oh yea, we are going to! Moving to Arizona is one of our 5-10 year long term goals.

We didn't get a chance to see the whole garden because we wanted enough time to go to the Prospect Park Zoo which was right across the street.

4 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Looks like a great family day for all! Your family is so beautiful and blessed!

Hubby and I are sitting here reading this and I said can you take me to the Florida botanical gardens tomorrow and he said, yeah babe. So he's taking off tomorrow. I absolutely love flowers and have not gone to the BG since we relocated here a few years ago so THANKS Bridget for posting this!!!

Love ya.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

LOL! Your husband is so kind to do something so short notice for you! I hope you have fun and take pictures. This was the first time i was ever in this botanical garden. I went to the one in the Bronx 5 years ago, and this one is much better!

Carrie said...

You took such great pictures!!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Thanks Carrie, all my pics are from my phone, cause i'm having problems with my camera. I'm happy they came out. lol