Thursday, May 14, 2009

Attack of the Killer Cats!

I have the worst luck. There was a bunch of stray kittens with their mom just hanging around behind a gate. I wanted one. I figured i could offer a kitten a MUCH better life with our family than out on the street to repeat the same cycle of stray cats. I tried to reach them and chase them and grab them for over a half hour. Finally i got one.

What in the world was I thinking?!?!?
The little kitten was thrashing about and meowing and started scratching and biting my hands! While i was trying to calm down the kitten while trying to avoid more injury, I didn't see the mother cat creep up behind me....

I head a yowl, felt a sharp pain and i saw stars. I turned around and the mother cat had it's claws into my leg! Between the mother cat behind me, and the baby cat eating my hands off, it was too much.

I dropped the kitten and ran up the street, afraid the mother cat was going to chase me all the way to my house.

When i got home, i was bloody. My hand and leg were all cut up. My husband thought it was funny. First attack from a bird, now cats?

No, I did not get a rabies shot, the idea of a million needles just seems like too much. I'll take my chances.

But i tell you this, I will NOT pet a stray cat again. EVER.
A dog.....hmmmm. We'll see what happens.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mike and Tycie said...

Hi!
Im sorry for this random comment but I noticed that you are a follower of Delightful Dots Backgrounds and wanted to let you know of a site that is similar in style to DD! Check them out and see what you think! They also have many religious layouts to choose from!

www.scrappinblogs.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

Oh, Lordy, girl!!! I'm with your hubby... that was just funny!

Next time, just check the newspaper instead!

HA!

;)

((HUG))

Carrie said...

Yet another reason to add to my list of why I hate cats. " )

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Oh guys, you are too funny. But I didn't think that THAT would happen!
The cats looked so nice.

Mike and Tycie-thanks for the link to the background pages. I'll add it to my list (I love changing my layouts).