Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Naive? Innocent? Me? lol. uh, just a bit.

Ya know, it's funny. I guess the people at my job have never seen a conservative Christian before. Sometimes they treat me like a child, as if i was never exposed to the "evils" of the world. Sometimes they stay at a distance, so that i won't hear the sometimes vulgar jokes that come out of their mouths (for which i am VERY grateful). Sometimes they ask for prayer because they think God will hear me more than them (as if i am more pious-that's funny, i'm just as imperfect as everyone else). Sometimes they laugh at me when i ask an innocent question, like what a certain slang word means, or who sings a certain song on the radio (because i don't listen to secular music anymore, or keep up too much with the celebrity gossip in the world).
Sometimes they ask me about my life with my husband because they assume submission is just plain no-nonsense blind obedience (a coworker gave me a Roamans catalog and told me not to tell my husband because she was afraid he wouldn't approve of it-even though Roamans has very delightful MODEST clothing!).

Does this upset me? No.

Does it amuse me? Sometimes.

Why am i not upset? Because I'm supposed to be away from the world. I forgot how it used to be for the most part of how it felt to be unconcerned about judgment or even love from the Lord.
I look forward, not back. I look forward to the day that I will be in His presence, I am content because i am forgiven of all past mistakes, and i look upon the world with fresh eyes because i am born again, died in Christ and reborn in Christ.

Shouldn't we all strive to be apart from the angst, and pressures, and complexities of the world and just be content with looking forward to our wonderful reunion with Christ?

Photobucket

6 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Amen! Absolutely and Praise the Lord! Well said Bridget!

Krystal said...

OMG!!! We stopped listening to secular music years ago, too! But I usually don't talk about it, because I assume people will think that I'm off the deep end. But that stuff is just trash!

And I don't keep up with celebrities much anymore, either. It's all the same story, anyway: dating, homosexuality, 55-hr marriages, divorces, broken families, sex, drugs, over-sexed clothing at this and that awards show. I'm done with it.

Kudos to you!

[[HUG]]

This calls for a celebration! Let's share a plate of brownies.

(*Blink*)

HA!

Lainie said...

Amen! I love that friends have to call me to tell me late breaking news reports because they know I don't watch TV (hee hee)

Being setting apart is such a lovely, free place to be-- free to be and do only what God asks,

But to do justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God.
Micah 6:8

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Lol, Krystal, the 55hr marriage thing made me laugh, it's sad, but true.
You know, it's good to be real. People can act all holy and obedient, but the truth of the matter is, only the Lord knows what is really going on. And some people get upset when you do things differently for the Lord. I have gotten as many negative responses on how i dress and the fact that i don't listen to secular music as i have had positive. But it does not stop me from mentioning such things because it is the truth. Why hide yourself?

This is my philosophy:
As long as I am content in what i do for the Lord, and you are content in what you do for the Lord then it's all good. But just as i don't judge you because you (fill in the blank-wear pants/don't wear pants, cover your head/don't cover, homeschool/don't homeschool, use a certain version of the Bible, etc), don't judge me because i do. That philosophy can go for anyone. Because to me, the most important thing is SALVATION, that is REALLY the only thing that is worth arguing about. Everything else is secondary. Everything else we try to do our best to do in accordance to how we interpret the Bible. And in the end, it WILL be sorted out by God. I have no right to tell you that you are interpreting things wrong, just as you have no right to tell me what convictions i have are wrong.

Romans 14:1-13
1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.' "[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Hey Lainie, i watch only a few shows on tv, and the news is a must. I always want to be prepared, and although i have a VERY strong belief that the news is both biased and CONTROLLED, i still watch it to keep updated on the world. And usually all it does is to convince me more that we are in or approaching the end times.

Hey Lisa- Love when you bless me with your presence!

Krystal said...

Thanks for the response, Bridget. Your comment was just as good as the post! LOL!

;)