Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!

Today is my husband's and my 5 year wedding anniversary!!!

Wooohooo!!!!

We have been married for 5 years! Wow. I can't believe it. It's funny because my parents thought that my marriage wouldn't last being that i married so young. My dad tells me every single day that i see him how proud he is of me of how I've grown into a great mom and wife. I guess he didn't think i would. But God did.
I love how the Lord loves you for who you are and who you will be even if you are not there yet.


I love my husband so much. He is my best friend (and at times, my worst enemy!), he always makes me laugh, he respects me and treats me like a queen. He is the best thing in my life besides my Lord and my children. I thank God for him everyday. He's not a perfect man, but he's all mine. :)

10 things i love about him.

1. He always comes to rescue me from a multi-legged creature.
2. He never asks me to help him with things that have to do with tools.
3. He is the best cook (But not the healthiest!)!
4. He loves to laugh.
5. He's not ashamed to cry.
6. He loves the Lord.
7. He loves his children.
8. He encourages me to do any thing i want, as long as i am happy and safe and still in the Lord.
9. He will follow me to the ends of the earth, as long as we are together.
10. He's handsome too! LOL!

Photobucket

I seriously love being his wife. Marriage is a blessing from the Lord.

Photobucket

I believe that it is in God's natural order for women to marry.
Photobucket

We are supposed to find "the one" that the Lord gave us to share the rest of our lives. But that does not mean we are supposed to "date around" either.
I did not date. My husband and I met at work. We talked and liked each other. He courted me. He met my parents and they liked him. We didn't go dancing, or clubbing or such as people do to date. When we spent time together, we walked and talked.
WHAT!!!???!!! That's it???
Yup.
He would pick me up from college or work and we would walk around talking and laughing till he brought me home, or he'd pick me up at my house and we'd spend the day out just walking together. When i think back on it, we really did walk far. But we were so in love we didn't even notice. We were caught in the rain together, we enjoyed the spring together, we even were caught in a blizzard together! And not one drop of alcohol was EVER consumed. He always made sure i was home safely before he left, and always called before he went to bed at night just to say "hello". lol.

I guess you can say we were a bit old fashioned. I'm happy to say we did not need a chaperone because he was such a gentleman that we could be trusted anyway. He never went around the "bases" as it's called or anything.

And the funniest thing is, before we met, before i was ever saved, I prayed for him.
I remember asking God for a wonderful husband for me who knew how to be respectful and loving and caring. And i was in my teens when i prayed for this!

God does not forget. :)

Photobucket

Lisa Shaw has a great marriage ministry you should check out!
Marriage Flavor


Krystal has an interesting blog entry about dating. It makes you go oooh. lol.

She also has a 3 part post on the Covenant of Marriage. Check it out!

I pray everyone has a happy and blessed marriage!!!
And for those who are not married yet, just pray and wait!!!!

God Bless!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lainie said...

Happy Anniversary Sweetie! What a wonderful testimony to the blessings of the Lord.

{{{Big Hug}}}

LisaShaw said...

Aww, precious Sister, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. May the LORD's presence remain in your Marriage as you both abide in Him and with one another.

Love you and thanks for mentioning my Marriage Flavor blog.

I pray many more years of blessings for you and your hubby and precious kids.

Martha said...

Aw, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! What a beautiful story about your courtship and hon, being "old-fashioned" is a GREAT thing! The modern world is just getting too sinful nowadays, I miss the good ol' days that's for sure!!

Have a beautiful year with your husband!!

LisaShaw said...

Popped in to say Blessed Resurrection Sundy to you and your family.

Love you.

Krystal said...

What a sweet story, Bridget!!!

And I just love how you honored your husband and said only positive things about him! You're so awesome!

Also, I love the list! I'm sure he appreciated that! But number 6 on your list is what, in my opinion, makes him so wonderful for you: "He loves the Lord."

A man who loves the Lord is such a treasure.

Wonderful post!

(I'm just now catching up on posts since my laptop was down for a while!)

((HUG))

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary!! This is so beautiful! I got all mushy reading it!

The first night I met my husband, we walked at midnight on icy sidewalks for about three hours--falling all over the place! It felt like minutes!

May the Lord bless you with many MANY more happy years together!!