Sunday, April 19, 2009

Biblical Womanhood #1-Love

I was asked by Lisa, a devoted woman of the Lord, to do a teaching on Biblical Womanhood. But i can't. I'm not a teacher.

For by the grace given me I say to everyone of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Romans 12:3-8

Now saying this, I can not teach you. But i can tell you what the Lord has taught me. See the difference? I am still learning, by far, and I can only tell you what the ultimate Teacher has shown me in His guidance of me to become the best Woman of Faith I can be.

Since i ended up with a lot more than i thought i would on the subject, I will have to separate the posts by subject/lesson.

One of the first things the Lords has taught me was about love. Not just marital love, but loving yourself.
Love must be sincere. Romans 12:9
I had to learn to love myself and accept myself not only as a Child of God, but to love myself in spite of any physical or mental imperfections i had. I had to love my body wholly, and want the best for myself even though i struggled with low self-esteem. I didn't love myself. I found it so hard to accept that the Lord REALLY loved me and wanted the best for me. I always struggled with "Why me Lord, I am so lowly" type feelings, and if it wasn't for my seeking His face with sincerity and reading His Word so whole heartedly I would not have come to realize that I DO deserve His love, only because I am His. His love for me is like my love for my children, only a trillion-fold. And because He, the creator of the universe, supreme in all ways, can love little ole' me, I can love myself.

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:10-12

I am also able to love my husband more than i ever thought possible. I love him more now then I did when we first married. I dug deep in the Word and discovered that marriage was truly blessed by God and he gave us specific instructions that we were to love each other. Not just a man and woman love, but also a Godly love.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church.
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:22-25

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. Ephesians 5:31

Because i love my husband i submit to him (more on that later), I help and support him, and i try to be the best wife i can because that is what God wants for all married women. To be there for and complete their husbands.
It is like we are 2 halves of one heart. Complete in each other and complete in God.


Photobucket



4 comments:

LisaShaw said...

This is so encouraging and very revealing -- awesome and this is exactly what I meant when I said to prayerfully consider doing a messsage on biblical wommanhood == to share what the LORD has given to you. That's all that we can do and it's the best that we can do is to share our wisdom tools with others as we learn them for ourselves from the LORD. Amen.

I look forward to returning to read all of what the Lord places in your heart and what you've gleaned in your times and journey with Him that you can share with us.

I love your heart dear one. Bless you and your family. May all who God ordaines come, read and receive.

Love you.

LisaShaw said...

O and I love the photos on your sidebar. You have a sweet family.

Lainie said...

Good word Mrs. G--- thank you for sharing!

Civilla said...

Awesome pic! It is nice to see a younger lady like you taking these Biblical things seriously.