Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodwill- Good Gosh!

I finally decided to go to Goodwill to see what they have. I never knew how much work Goodwill puts into helping others. I went in, shy at first at the thought of shopping there since i was no longer homeless. But that quickly dissipated as i saw the other people shopping there with pride. As i looked around, i saw that it was not dilapidated items they sold, but well made, well kept things! I did not see any things with stains, or rips or anything! They had clothes, toys, electronics, movies, and everything a regular store might have. I bought my husband a leather jacket, two GIANT teddy bears, 3 dresses for my daughter, and one sweatshirt for my son, and a light jacket and skirt for me all for $40.00! The salespeople were smiling, the customers were smiling, dancey-type music was playing, and i really enjoyed my experience. I HIGHLY recommend going to Goodwill for your secondhand(and sometimes not even secondhand!) items for a REALLY good price. I'm going back in a few weeks! And the best part is i KNOW that my money is going to a good cause. It is going to help people who need it with education, and jobs and I'm proud of them. I love when an organization is as responsible as they say they are.
Go here to find your local Goodwill.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I LOOOOVE Goodwill...I get the best Christian books there!!! Found many a treasure there and blessed several people with the finds. So glad you enjoyed your experience:)

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

That was my first time there, and I can not believe how much i liked it as apposed to chain store shopping.