Monday, February 2, 2009

God provides and don't judge people

I got the letter from this new church that I'm attending giving me permission to wear a skirt at work. Again, I do not tell you that you are going to hell if you wear pants, it is not my place. But in return i expect for you to accept my decision to not wear pants as my answer to God's call for modesty. My old church did not do that. I got scolded. I was told i was turning legalistic, that skirts were old-fashioned, etc. etc. I am glad that this new church i had found believed the same as me. Don't get me wrong, that is not the reason i left my old church, we were in search of a new church for a while. Our spirits were not at peace there anymore, and the Lord told us to move on. I've watched our current church's congregation leave for over a few months before i got the courage to introduce myself and start going to services. My husband and children enjoy it too. Although it's a much smaller congregation, we feel at ease here and we thank God for providing us with a new church home.

Anyway, my whole point is, do not judge your brothers and sisters in Christ. The Bible says to judge those in the church, but there is a difference between judging for righteousness and judging those who make yourself feel convicted just to make yourself feel better.

3 comments:

LisaShaw said...

I praise the LORD for working it all out for your good and His glory!

"All things work together for the good of those who love the LORD and are called according to His purpose".

Love you.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Thanks Lisa, you are always a sunshine, shining for God. I love that!

Carrie said...

I'm so happy for you!