Friday, February 20, 2009

100 things about me

1. I found out i was adopted a few years ago, 3 days after my mom died.
Photobucket
2. I know that my birth father was Puerto Rican and my birth mother was black from an unknown country (in the 80s, black was black no matter if you were Caribbean, Guyanese, African-American or whatever).
3. At 15 I became a certified scuba diver.Photobucket
4. I love animals so much that so far in my lifetime I have had 10 birds (4 doves, 2 parakeets, 1 cockatiel, and 3 baby chickens) 2 dogs (chihuahua as a child and my current one), 1 cat, and 1 Betta fish Photobucket.
5. I am allergic to dander, fur, dust and feathers (Say what??!!???).
6. I do not let my allergies get in the way of my love for God's creatures.
7. I do not consider anything with more than 4 legs one of God's creatures.
8. I am terribly afraid of any type of insects, even ladybugs.
9. I am not scared of the dark, I am scared of things jumping out at me from the dark.
10. I am not afraid of heights, I am afraid of falling from heights.
11. I absolutely hate the winter and anything cold.Photobucket
12. I have asthma and my son has bronchitis.Photobucket
13. I have had a c-section for both of my children. :(
14. I went to the Bahamas on a cruise with my parents when i was 16.Photobucket
15. My birth name is Celeste Hamberry (spelling of last name uncertain).
17. I love Disney movies.
18. I love dumb jokes.
19. I am learning Japanese.
20. I speak American Sign Language.
21. Both my children have some sort of special need.
22. I don't wear pants.
23. I am an only child.
24. My favorite place in the world is Florida.
25. I love pastel colors.
26. I really don't like tea, but i tolerate it because it's healthy.
27. I think sandwiches are one of the greatest inventions in the world.
28. Second only to the invention of chocolate. Photobucket
29. I am happiest when I am outside in the sun on a warm day.
30. I agreed to go camping with my husband if he can insure there will not be bugs.Photobucket
31. I love to eat. Photobucket
32. I can't cook! My mom was too busy working to teach me, so my husband is trying
to.
33. I don't know how to drive.
34. I am the only Republican that I know.
35. I will always prefer chocolate over any other desert.Photobucket
36. I tried sushi for the first time when i was 18. I threw it up.
37. I tried sushi again a few days ago, with a side of Big Mac just to make sure it would stay down.Photobucket
38. Some people lose one sock when they do laundry. I only lose black socks.
39. I LOVE diners. One of my goals as a kid was to visit one diner from every state.
40. I can not usually open child-proof containers.
41. I won't swim without water shoes whether in a beach or pool.Photobucket
42. I am a visual person, that's why i post lots of pics in my blogger.
43. When eating out, 90% of the time i will order a cheeseburger, if available.
44. 80% of the time i am running late to wherever i am going.
45. I keep odd pairs of earrings in hopes that one day i will find the missing pair.
46. I love romantic comedies.
47. Someone tried to rob me once.
48. My husband is my favorite person in the world (when i don't want to kill him!)Photobucket.
49. I have seen Passion of the Christ in the movies, but I won't watch it again even though I own the dvd.
50. I have never had homemade pie.
51. I think i am one of the last people on this planet without a Myspace account.
52. I don't drink.Photobucket
53. I don't smoke.Photobucket
54. I am 25.
55. My husband is 47.
56. My family used to be homeless.
57. I love to crochet, but I can't knit.
58. One of my daughter's toys made sounds in the middle of the night and i was afraid to go look because i thought i would see a ghost playing with it.
59. I love the Muppets, particularly Ms. Piggy. Photobucket
60. My husband's pet names are "Pookie" and "Kermiee" because I consider him to be Kermit to my Ms. Piggie.Photobucket
61. I am pro-life. Photobucket
62. I'm scared of robots.
63. I am horrible at math.
64. I sleep with my mouth open. lol.
65. I love purses.
66. I want a house big enough for me to get a German Shepherd or Great Pyrenees (and a couple more chihuahuas!).
67. I want to visit Europe one day.
68. I was at the pool in Upstate NY during the multi-state blackout of 2003.
69. I was in my home with my mom during 9/11.
70. I won't go anywhere without my Bible. Photobucket
71. I really don't like the color green unless it's on a tree.
72. I don't own any clothes that are solid green in color.
73. I don't like popsicles.
74. Sometimes i think my dog can read my mind.
75. I ate dandelions when i was younger just because i heard they were edible.
76. I got seriously electric shocked as a child when i put my finger in an old fashioned fusebox to clean it out when i was changing the fuse (my mom told me it was okay).
77. My husband thinks that's why my hair is the way it is (Doesn't he have a sense of humor?).
78. I surprised my husband while we were dating with a mouse as a present.
79. I found out later, he's afraid of mice (He will deny it to his death tho!).
80. If i see a stray cat, I HAVE to at least pet it to show it some love.
81. I am currently trying to catch a stray Siamese kitten that i see every few days to add to our family.
82. I hate jelly donuts.
83. I can't walk in high heels. Photobucket
84. Paper cuts are as bothersome to me as a broken bone would be.
85. Every summer i make my husband shave my son's hair to a mohawk at least once.
86. I can't name the 50 states.
87. Everytime i wake up from a deep nap, i have a sneezing fit.
88. After watching the movie "Congo" i became afraid of gorillas.
89. When i was a child i called a psychic hotline and got 200.00 charged to my parents' phonebill.
90. I am an only child.
91. I can cry over anything.
92. Michael Bolton shook my hand.
93. I used to love Michael Jackson, now i just feel sorry for him.
94. I'm addicted to Google.
95. I want to lie in the grass on a warm spring day, but I'm afraid bugs will crawl in my hair.
96. I can't ice skate.
97. I can barely roller skate (and i have quad skates, not inlines!) Photobucket
98. I think my children are the cutest in the world.
99. My husband goes along with crazy ideas i have just to make me happy.
100. I have never been happier since i found the Lord.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Lainie said...

Oh! If I didn't love you before! This is the BEST 100 things list I have ever seen.

I hope we meet (you know, before heaven) some day because I have to hug you! Oh, and make you a pie. 'Cause I make homemade pie and I make my own crust.

Your love for cheeseburgers and water shoes make me smile.

Your love for Jesus makes me call you sister.

Your fear of bugs just simply cracks me up!

Thank you for sharing yourself with us--you are such a blessing :)

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

You are so funny. But i tell you, I'll buy a plane ticket to your place just to try your pie! (When you said you made your own crust, my mouth dropped!)LOL.
My bug thing is horrible. lol.
I'm so scared of bugs that I was crying hysterically as i was chasing a centipede with a shoe so i could kill it before it could hide and breed.

I find it an honor to have a sister in Christ like you.

Have you made a 100 things list? I find it a great tool of reflection.

Lainie said...

You know, I haven't because when I thought about my 100 things I was like you and very honest and I wasn't sure about having such a brief sentence for such profound things.

Like after reading your list I want to know what it was like for you being homeless. I want to hear more. I want to know how you feel about being adopted--how your heart is, etc...

So I don't know if I could publish a list like that and then not expand on it.

I am so open with my life and testimony in person. I just don't know how much I want share in this format.

KWIM?

So I that's why I haven't done it :)

If you came over, I would totally make you pie.

If you come in the summer I'll send you home with homemade jam too :)

LisaShaw said...

You shared so much that I wanted to comment on but at 43 it slips my mind (smile). I didn't know you were so young :)

Ok, we have some things in common. I have a black mother and biological father is puerto rican so I was told.

We both love dogs. Don't know about the birds :(

As for the 4 legs...I have to say that I have always said that rodents is not one of God's creatures and they have 4 legs :)

I too love to eat but I do cook :)

I can't ice skate either and I'm so IN AGREEMENT OVER #100!!!

Carrie said...

Bridget! This is such a great list! I LOVED it!!

Let's see:

I love to say Puerto Rico really fast with rolled rrrrrr's. Everytime someone says it or I read it--I do it. It's like an automatic response!

I love animals too (especially dogs), although yesterday, I was struggling after cleaning up an entire winter's worth of "business" from the Wieners.

Half the reason I got married was so that someone else would be around to kill spiders!! It's a good thing the other 50% of why I got married was because I loved him!! " )

I love winter and I don't mind the cold at all!

I agree with you about sandwiches. I love them and now I want one.

Now you know another Republican!! ME!

I almost peed about the sushi with a side of Big Mac! SO FUNNY!

I loved Passion of the Christ and saw it in the theatre, but I will never watch it again--ever. I already had a good visual of the horrendous suffering my Lord went through. That movie affirmed it and made it even more vivid. I do not need to see it again to remember what a tremendous sacrifice was made for me.

I LOVE MISS PIGGY!! LOVE HER!! And that's so cute that you call your hubby Kermie...

I love green. It's my favorite color by FAR!

I can NOT believe you spent $200 on the psychic hotline! That made me laugh because it sounds so unlike you!!

And I heartily agree with your #100! Amen Bridget. Amen!

So glad you're my bloggy buddy!

Carrie said...

p.s. I'm pretty sure that was the longest comment I've posted ever!!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Lainie- It took me 3 days to make this list, to make sure that I was divulging things that i was comfortable with sharing, and things that mean alot to me. And because I hold alot of the sisters here (including you) in such high regard as if you were kin, I don't mind sharing things with you that you would know if i knew you in person.
I know people who i don't know read this, that is why it is nothing i would regret a total stranger hearing. By the way, JAM?? Never had that homemade either! I used to LOVE eating jam and toast for breakfast!

Lisa- 25 is not that young. lol. I like to think of it mathematically. I'm more than half way to 40. :)
About the animals. I like birds, but dogs are my favorite animal. About the mice/rats. I'm not afraid of them unless they are running around my feet or something, but I can pick up a mouse. And my friend has pet rats, so I like to think of them as mini-ferrets so i'm not freaked.
I like our shared background. Although i don't know much about black culture besides what i heard on tv, or in school because i was not raised with a focus on black culture. All my relatives are pure Puerto Rican (which is an oxymoron, since all Puerto Ricans have black blood in them), and I'm the darkest in my family. I was raised with a Puerto Rican/Hispanic culture, and I'm proud of that. But I am now learning the beauty of being a black woman too. It's a nice combination.

Carrie- Puerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrto Rrrrrrico. lol.
Aren't sandwiches great? You can put ANYTHING into a sandwich! lol.
And i see nothing wrong with eating sandwiches for breakfast either! lol.
Hello ms. republican! lol.
You almost peed at my sushi and big mac? LMBO!! You should have seen the looks I was given by the people watching me eat it!!! One bite of sushi, one bite of big mac! Thats how i did it! I must have looked ridiculous!
I totally agree with not watching The Passion ever again. I don't think i am strong enough to. I was bawling at the theater. The emotional pain watching Him go through that was too much.

Ya know, my hubby calls me Ms. Piggy back! I love it. And since he's slim and I'm a bit big, it fits!
How much you wanna bet if i meet you in person, you and your cutie pie will both be wearing matching green outfits?

About the psychic hotline. I was young, about 14. I didn't know that that sort of thing was wrong, against God or anything. I was raised Catholic so I was never told otherwise. But i learned never to call a 1-900 number ever again!

This has been the longest reply to a comment I have ever had! But so what! I love all you guys coming over hear and telling me what you feel! It makes me feel closer to all of you.
God Bless you, my dear friends!

Natasa said...

I have enjoyed reading your list. I must say that I was surprised when I found out that your husband is 47. He looks much younger on photos you have here. Blessings!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Yeah, he does look younger than his age, but he also acts younger too!