Monday, January 19, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!

I got a new job! It started this morning, and this afternoon, i quit my old one! I didn't want to say it before because I showed my coworker my blog once and I don't know if she checks it. No one from my job knew except for my 1 friend. It is such a relief to get away from such a toxic environment.
I am not going to get into detail about my job because it is federal, but I'm sooo happy.

Oh and guess what????

I had gotten special permission to wear a skirt as part of my uniform (you have to have religious reasons). I had worn today a shin-length skirt and an oxford shirt as my pseudo uniform, and as i got measured for my new uniform, the lady asked if i would like my skirt the same length! I said yes, and she said it was no problem. I am SOOOO happy that the skirt is going to be long. You have no idea my relief. I can do my job MUCH easier when i don't have to worry about the wind blowing my skirt, or bending over (even though i bend like a lady), or anything!

And, it's part-time, but the pay is going to equal what i was making full time at my old job. So it's equal, but i will still have more time at home. What a blessing.

I may not be at home, but the Lord provided me with a job that will allow me to have
1) a fresh start, so I will have a worry-free heart
2) more time at home, so i can still enjoy being a mom and wife
3) a step up toward financial independence so that in these unstable times, i can still provide for my family

I thank you all for your prayers, and most of all I thank the Lord.

Thank you Jesus, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

LisaShaw said...

PRAISE THE LORD!

Father you are so good! You are so mindful of Your children and we praise You! Please bless Bridget on her new job. Use her life for your glory. We thank You for making ways that only You could make. We love you Father and we thank you in Jesus Name. Amen!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Wow Lisa, that was quick. It seems that you have blogger etched into your brain. lol.

Ya know Lisa, I read your prayer for me via my phone before i started work today, and i called my dad and asked that he pray for me, and
I truly felt more calm. Not to mention i read the Bible all the way there. Sometimes i have an issue with anxiety, so i prayed to combat that, and the Lord made all the difference, like He always does!

You are such an encouragement Lisa. Lots of love.

LisaShaw said...

Aww, bless you sweetie. I actually am not a huge blogger person uh??? hmmm??? Let me think about that! But I do go where I feel the Lord is leading me.

I praise God for his bringing calm to you when you need it. Pray the Word over yourself. I used to struggle with a spirit of fear from my childhood all the way until about 2000. It's a horrible bondage.

It's such a blessing that you have a Dad you can call to pray for you. I don't have that and now that my Grandpa is with the Lord he was really like my Daddy but I thank God for a hubby who prays hard. Bless you sweetie.