Saturday, January 3, 2009

My dedication to FOOD!!!

If my husband read the title of this post, he would burst out in laughter. He really did say that he could not open a restaurant because i'd eat all his food. lol. It wasn't an insult, its a compliment. He told me during my pregnancy how much he loves to see me eat. He even tells me that today. I actually enjoy my food. Not just taste, but texture, color and presentation. Maybe i should have become a food critic. Don't say I should have become a cook because the Lord looks down on me every day and says "Sweetie, you are blessed with many talents, but I did not give you the gift of cooking". I burn water. Seriously. I have burned so many pots, pans, and silverware that I should have my own black silverware business. The catch phrase? "Buy black silverware, you'll never know your wife burned anything!" We have yet to buy a fire extinguisher, although we know we need it. Do you know how i know when food is done? When the fire alarm goes off. lolol!


But i still love food, and the Lord in his infinite wisdom, blessed me with a man who LOVES to cook! And he prepares my food in a way that is pretty as well as delicious. He loves to make me happy, and he knows food makes me happy! lol.


My only problem is portion control. I am a bit overweight (just a bit!) because i am used to large portions, and my husband prefers me to eat large portions and then just exercise it off, instead of small portions and less exercise (I am not a huge fan of exercise, Tae-Bo my arch-enemy).

Thats why i look up the food references in the Bible for guidance.


When you sit to dine with a ruler, note well what is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive.

Proverbs 23:1-3


My husband thinks it's a cute hobby, but my food thing is a real occupation or something like it! I can be called a "foodie". It's someone who really loves food, and not just eating it.

I love food so much i collect pictures of it online and i take pictures of my own food!

My husband and i sit together and watch food shows together (Thank you God for the Food Network)!

Photobucket
The Japanese make their food into art
Photobucket

Photobucket





For the sweet
Photobucket

For the daring
Photobucket

For me:

Photobucket


Look at these cakes!!!!! God really gives these people talent!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And don't forget drinks!

Photobucket


Ya know, chocolate is my favorite! What? You couldn't tell?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oooooh a sandwich...you can put almost ANYTHING into sandwich form!!
Photobucket

Don't forget:

Photobucket

BUT:

Photobucket


Have Fun and Eat Happy!

6 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Bridget, you are TOO funny!!

Had I viewed this entire post prior to Sept 2006 I'd be diving into those photos literally (smile).

I used to watch the food network too (smile).

Happy New Year my friend and God bless you for a hubby that does ALL the cooking.

I will say that my hubby can make a mean lasagna.

*Oh interesting you mentioned portion control. I am writing about that on my fitness blog (smile).

Love ya.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

My hubby saw the post and went out and bought me chocolate cake!!!!!!!
I love him!!!!!

LisaShaw said...

He's a keeper I'm sure!! Enjoy it but only eat a little bit and save some to spread out over the days ahead (smile). Love ya.

Susan said...

Oh boy, am I sorry I looked at those pictures!! (I just started a fast!) Get behind me devil!!

But they look GREAT. I'll be back soon.

So nice to meet you!

Joelle said...

Mmmmmmmmmm! "the daring" is calling me. It's amazing!!!!

Serendipitymom12 said...

Oh, beautiful pics! The food art looks so cool! I love food too, mm, especially from restaurants but I've been working a LOT on cutting down restaurants. I have to learn to cook (amen on the black skillets, they wont know when we burn it, wink) :)