Friday, January 23, 2009

I need advice and prayer urgently.

My new job, which already gave me permission to wear a skirt as allowed for religious reasons, now needs a letter from my church explaining it as so. Here is the problem. My church won't give me a letter because it is a VERY liberal church. (I do not endorse everything from that church but it's the church i gave myself to the Lord in so I have emotional ties to it. My belief about my skirt is MY belief. They said they could not write a letter with the church's letterhead because it would imply that the church as a whole felt this way. And then i got a whole lecture about how that's legalism, and old-fashioned and no one dresses like that anymore.

What am i to do?

I was in the process of looking a new church that is like me, and I am going to go to a service today from a such a church. I also want to ask them if they can do me that favor.

I am at a loss. I am so depressed about this. If i wear pants again, i will feel as if i am being raped. I don't want men or women to see my like that, to see my panty lines, to be able to see every curve of my hips and buttocks.

But this job is the BIGGEST opportunity of my life. Please give me advice and your prayers.

7 comments:

Thankful Paul said...

After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13

LisaShaw said...

I am so sorry Bridget that you're experiencing this. I am one that wears both skirts and at times pants but I am careful that when I wear pants I wear a blouse that covers my bottom. It's my personal preference and I suspect your church feels that it's your personal preference to wear what you wear.

It's good that you're locating a church that fits the style you desire.

On the flip side it's going to be difficult for a secular company to agree with your stance without that note. However, we SERVE A BIG GOD AND WITH HIM NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE so I'm going to pray in agreement with you for the outcome to bless you and glorify our LORD.

Love you.

drewmark19 said...

Wow! I found your site through oikology. I'm trying to figure out what kind of company would even have issues with someone wearing a skirt. What a silly thing for them to pick at! Stand for what you believe in. If your company doesn't like it, I'm convinced God has something even better in mind for you.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

I got permission now, which is great cause i really need this job. But i guess since it is a federal job, they have to stick to uniform standards. But now they are going to MAKE me a skirt. Can you believe it?

LisaShaw said...

GOD IS GOOD!

kc1920 said...

I found your website by mistake. I am not religious, but I certainly respect your beliefs. It's wrong that your employer doesn't. I actually know that many people of faith do wear skirts because of their beliefs. I would think that, it is something everyone knows.It's just a fact. I don't need a letter from the church telling me that church services are held on Sundays because that's just a fact.


My cousin works on Wall St and if she ever wore pants to work, they would immediately send her home to change. If she did it again, her days would be numbered. I hope your boss is a little more reasonable and you are able to work this out

amulbunny said...

I worked for a large federal agency and due to the performance of the job pants were mandatory. Wearing a skirt would not be safe in the workplace. We had rules on earrings and rings on the finger due to the work that we did. Other than being extremely ugly, the pants were okay,

I was always taught render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and render to God what is God's. Wearing a pair of pants is small change in the way of the Lord.

Good luck.