Friday, December 12, 2008

My uh-oh moment for today

I had my husband wrap some of the presents last night and we put them under the tree. WHY DID WE DO THAT???? EVERY TIME my son looks at the tree with presents underneath he wells up in tears screaming.I have heard "Please mommy can i open presents?", "I want to open them", "But it is my birthday" (of course it is not), "I open one?", and a whole bunch of other protests just so he can get his hands one one. My daughter understands that it is for Christmas and she is content just to look at them as she passes by the tree. Even from a different room, if he is reminded of the presents (which thanks to tv, he is quite constantly), he starts to whine about the presents and after each of our "no's" he gets louder and louder. Why did i insist on not waiting to the last minute to wrap like we usually do every year? I forgot that wrapping the night before till 1am was a tradition. Who needs sleep? Presents need wrapping! But noooooooooooooo, I had to be organized and prepared.

This is just more argument for me that organized sometimes is not all it is cracked up to be.

*note- no picture of tree yet because the star is not on it yet and it is a small 4 footer so i feel embarrased*

4 comments:

Lainie said...

Girlfriend do not be embarrassed about your tree. This was the first year in a long time we could get a tree like we have. There were times when we couldn't get a tree at all and friends surprised us with the cutest little tree.

One year we borrowed a fake from my mom because we didn't feel like we could splurge on a real one-- and I live in a state with plenty of trees so they are not that expensive if you don't get a noble.

We want to see your tree decorated with love and celebrate with you!

Serious

Now for the presents, I too made that mistake last year. I put things out too early and there was just waaaaay to much talking and speculating going on. It made me nutty.

Do you have a place you could hide them until Christmas?

Just 'cause they're there doesn't mean they have to stay.

Just a thought...

Lainie said...

Oh I forgot to tell you, the year we had the cute little tree we put it on a trunk to make it taller :)

Joelle said...

It doesn't matter how big your tree is! We would all love to see it anyway. And guess what!? I gave you the fabulous award! yay, so keep on being fabulous!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Joelle- Fabulous award? lol. I think you entered the wrong url, cause it could not have been me! lol.