Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Father God

I saw a post on The Point about the names of God and what is your favorite name of God. I posted my comment on how my favorite name of God was Father God when i was praying to Him.

When i really thought about it, it made me realize how much I love the fact that He is my Father.

I just found out a few years ago (when my mother died)that i was adopted. My father told me. He was forbidden by my mother to tell me. She thought that i wouldn't love her anymore and search for my "real" family. I don't blame her, the love a mother has for her children can cause irrational decisions if she thinks that something can come between herself and her children. I would never have left her, I wish i had the opportunity to show her that.

But people are imperfect. No matter how much you love them, your parents are particularly imperfect. Being a parent makes you imperfect because of all the mistakes you make trying to make your children happy, healthy, and well rounded. Parenthood did not come with instructions. You learn as you go.

But i know a parent who is perfect. My father, the Lord God.

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48


I am forever comforted in the fact that no matter what i do, He still loves me. He searches my heart and knows how i feel. There is no miss-communication with God.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1


He is not just my Father, but YOUR Father. He connects us all with a heritage that transcends all (whether or not you want to believe that God created you).

Have we not all one Father? hath not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? Malachi 2:10 (KJV)


I am always welcome at my Father's house no matter what happens. God doesn't remember arguments.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

Even Jesus submitted to His Father because he knew that God's plans for Him and was for our benefit. Our Father God is never selfish. It is all for US.

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

I am so grateful that He is my Father. My eternal Father who loves and cherishes me unconditionally and that i am welcome at His table. He gives everyone the opportunity to love Him and to be loved by Him. He is just awesome!


This is Toby Mac, a Christian artist with the song "Made to Love".
Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Joelle said...

I take great joy out of those facts as well. You've given me something to ponder. I love "made to love"...anyway, have a great week!

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Thanks Joelle. When i first heard that song, i started to cry.

Brittany said...

This post was so uplifting. I enjoy reading all your posts though :). Your relationship with God is inspirational and I only wish I could be that close with him.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Brittany, anyone can be close to God you just have to let him in. But I know we have all had those moments where we feel separated from God or not so close to Him but he is still there no matter what we feel.A good song that I listen to when I feel that way is Mary Mary's Still My Child. God Bless!