Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursdays



I just bought a "Vintage 1973 Super Stitch Portable Sewing Machine" off of ebay. I received it in the mail very quickly. It came with the original instructions and the original box! I'm anxious to try it out, but there is one hitch- i can't thread the needle!!!!! I'm so upset. I try and try but i can't do it (I never could thread sewing needles) and my husband tried and he can't even see the hole (he's far sighted). I know it worked cause i tried it, just not while it was threaded. I'm so mad that my sewing aspirations are put on hold because of a hole. :(









Postage 1.04!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

That thing is pretty cool! Have you tried one of those needle threader thingies? I have no idea how to use them...

Kellie said...

What a fun little sewing gadget! I would suggest a needle threader as well. ;)

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

I tried my needle threader that goes with my crochet but (surprise surprise) it was too big. lol. I just went out a bought a mini sewing kit (some thread, tape measure, needles, etc.) and it came with a smaller needle threader. But would you believe i had to get it at a store not near my apt? The stores near me didn't have a sewing kit!

lovestitches said...

Thats a cute little thing! I'm terrible at threading the needle in my sewing machine. I tend to think that certain thread brands are easier than others to thread through a needle.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Well i wouldn't know about thread brands, I'm a newbie at sewing! lol. Can't wait to really learn tho!