Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dawg gone!


It's getting really cold around here so i bought my chihuahua a coat and a pair of shoes, and I was so excited to put them on him. Turns out the coat was too big. (How small is my dog that XS is too big for him??? And he WILL NOT wear the shoes. He barks and whines and cries until I take them off. And they weren't cheap either. :(

So my dad met me while i was out and he had to stop at the pet store for his cat that used to be my cat (it got vicious with the kids so my dad took him) so he bought my dog a new coat and new shoes. Dangit!!! The coat he picked fit perfectly. He still doesn't wear the shoes but he doesn't really cry and whine when i put them on his feet. He just stands there as if all of a sudden he has forgotten how to walk.

I couldn't get a pic of him wearing the shoes, it was too much trouble.

6 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I've got a little dog, too, that I occasionally put a sweater on. Some people hate it when others do this because they say it degrades the dog somehow. But what they don't know is, sometimes little dogs actually need a wearable blanket. And who can help it if they look so cute in them??

Bridget said...

lol. Well our dog was freezing and it's only October. He had to wear SOMETHING! lol. My husband doesn't believe that dogs should have clothes, but a jacket is different. Besides, since the jacket is not "girly" he actually likes it (without telling me how much he does).

Marsha said...

Your dog is so adorable with that little coat on.

Christian said...

"Like he forgot to walk" this is hilarious!

Carrie said...

I've never met a dog that likes shoes...

But my Lucy Wiener likes her sweaters!!

Bridget said...

Thanks Marsha, that coat is the one my dad picked.

Hey Christian- I've tried luring him with food, toys, and even a little tug on his leash, and he's immobile with the shoes on!

Carrie- don't you love how fashionable dogs can get?? lol.