Sunday, September 14, 2008

My husband tended to me

I was feeling sick yesterday, about all i could do was blog because I couldn't lie down in bed because my head hurt, and i had a slight fever and i was nauseous. So my computer is within reach of my bed, so i could be propped up and just browse the net and such. Later last night, after the kids were asleep, i started feeling real light-headed, so i went and laid down next to my husband in his "sanctuary" (his little room where he likes to watch tv and eat alone in peace and quiet) and he asked me what he could do for me. So i asked him to take out the Bible and read to me. He read to me from Ester (one of my favorite books of the Bible). It was so nice of him, particularly because he has dyslexia so he avoids reading out loud because he gets embarrassed. It was nice. I helped him pronounce words like King Xerxes and Hadassah. And it was comforting to me.

10 comments:

Flip Flop Floozie said...

I love what you said on your profile. Very nice!! I have been blogging for over 3 years now and have met some of the nicest people that I have ever known. A lot of us have planned get togethers and so have been able to meet!! We all get along just like we have known each other for years and years. Blogging is a wonderful outlet for me. Thanks for stopping by..Sandy

Power Up Love said...

the greatest gift...

Bridget said...

Thanks flip flop, I don't know why there is so much hatred in the world. We don't have to believe each other's beliefs, but we can be understanding. I think it would be nice to meet some people from the blogs i search. Everyone has such a unique perspective and such different lives, it would be amazing to meet them all.

Bridget said...

thanks power up love, my husband is one of the greatest gifts God has given me.

Baba's Blog .. Babies Are Special said...

Hi Bridget, Thanks for your wonderful post today...true heartfelt words....I hope you are feeling better this afternoon..My friend "flip flop floozie" got me started with blogging almost two years ago..this is the best hobby that I enjoy so much,since I retired 4 years ago...it keeps my brain active...come back to visit me anytime.. Baba

Bridget said...

Well you and flip flop floozie have it right! Blogging is good for the soul it seems. lol. And a good place to make new friends! Nice to meet you Baba!

Kimberly said...

Hi!
It is so nice to meet you. I am so sorry that you were feeling so poorly. I hope you feel much better today.

That truly is so sweet that your husband read to you. What a gift of love. I love how God loves on us through our loved ones.

Thank you for commenting over at my blog. I do pray that you will be able to comprehend just how wide, how high, how long, how deep His love for you is.

Praying you feel better, too!

Blessings!
K :)

Bridget said...

God Bless you Kimberly. Your website is a breath of fresh air, and God's Word carried on it. I hope you have a good day, and yes, i am feeling a bit better, not 100% but can't be perfect! Thanks for asking.

Frannie Farmer said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I hope that you are feeling better now.
I love your layout.
FF

Bridget said...

Thanks frannie, I'm a layout freak. Thanks to the cutest blog layout site, I'll be changing mine regularly!