Monday, September 29, 2008

My first meme: The Number Four

Carrie at Oikology101was the first person to tag me for a meme! Yeeeeahhh!!!! lol.

This one is called The Number Four.

4 things I did today:

1) Took my dog shopping with me today (He has a carrier that looks like a purse and since he's a chihuahua he doesn't take much room anyway).

2) Helped my daughter with her homework.

3) Made myself the most delicious cheese, lettuce, onion, olive oil and spices sandwich!

4) Cuddled with my hubby!


4 things on my to-do list:

1) Finally go to the chihuahua meetup so my dog can socialize with other dogs and not be so timid around them!

2) Buy a sewing machine.

3) Learn to sew!

4) Finish crocheting hats and scarves for Christmas.


4 of my guiltiest pleasures:

1) Chocolate!!! Chocolate Bars, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Ice Cream! I don't care the type of chocolate as long as I get some.

2) Watching All My Children . My mother got me into this show because she was watching it from the 70s!

3) Watching Desperate Housewives . I originally didn't watch it but i caught a re-run a few monts ago and got hooked. So now i watch reruns on the net and the new ones on tv.

4) Blogging!!



4 random facts about me:

1) When i was 17 i became a Certified Scuba Diver.

2) I have owned 2 dogs, 1 cat, 7 birds, 3 baby chickens, a pack of sea monkeys and a million fish so far in my life.

3) I am horribly, terribly, incredibly afraid of bugs.

4) I will not watch horror movies (I get nightmares).


4 bloggers i am tagging:

Marsha

mommaof4wife2r

MaryAnne


Flip Flop Floozie

13 comments:

vintagegirl said...

How cute that you got to take your dog shopping with you! We used to have a large dog (164 lbs.), but this past June we had to put him down. :( Since then we've gotten a Miniature Rat Terrier (3 years old), and it's been quite a change. It is nice to be able to hold a dog. :)

I really enjoy sewing, though I haven't done it as much as I wish. I saw in one of your posts that you want a long-flowy dress (they are so lovely!), once you get your own sewing machine and learn to sew, then you can make your own! :D

Thank you for the comment you lift on my blog. It was very sweet of you! I pray that my site is an encouragement to all who visit. Thank you for encouraging me! :D

God bless you!
Miss Emily Rose

pjmomma said...

*sigh

Learning to crochet is on my list. I'm trying so hard.

I worked all day Saturday on a scarf (pathetic I know to those of you more advanced) and my 2 year old decided he wanted to crochet as well, and, well, when I finally caught him the yarn connected to my scarf was a disaster.

Flip Flop Floozie said...

Okay so now I have been tagged..Okay need to get this done!! Thanks for stopping by..Hope that your day is going great...Sandy

Bridget said...

I'm sorry to hear your had to put your dog down Emily. But rat terriers are cute, they are similar to chihuahuas so i like them. I wish i could sew at your age. How did you learn? Yes, when i make my own flowy dress, if it's lopsided, I'll have no one to blame!

Bridget said...

Pjmomma, lol. I learned thru my church who has a crocheting ministry. The women get together once a month and knit or crochet and we donate them. Right now we are going to donate hats to the homeless. Last year it was for orphans in China. It's a good way to fellowship and make new friends.

maryanne420 said...

hi bridget!

thanks for the tag! i will try to work on it asap. my 6 month old is teething. i love your lists.

take care,
mary anne

Carrie said...

I was your first tagger?? YAAAAAAAY!!

I used to carry my miniature dachshund around with me in a little pink kimono fabric bag! Now that we have two wieners and a midget, I have put aside my dog-toting days. *sigh*

Carrie said...

p.s. The link to me has an extra http:// in it so it isn't linking back to my site.

Send me some bloggers, dangit! haha

Marsha said...

What is meme?

Bridget said...

I got this definition at http://www.chrisg.com/what-is-a-blog-meme/

In science, a Meme (pronounced to rhyme with “theme”) is a self-propagating unit of thought that is spread from one host to another. Richard Dawkins invented the term as a kind of idea-gene. Like genes, as Memes spread they mutate or die. Only the fittest Memes survive.

For bloggers Memes have become synonymous with internet quizzes, surveys, and novelties that people link to and pass around on their blogs, forums and via email.

Basically it's something you get tagged with that you tag another blog with..

Kaira said...

Do learn to sew - I love to sew :) It is good for my spirit to sit and sew.

I get nightmares too. I think scary movies are just bad for our spirits altogether.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Kaira said...

just a heads up - i'm the same blogger that writes The Notebook where you commented on my abortion blog tonight. I just realized I'm not signed into the same account so you might not have made this connection.

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

Kaira, I totally didn't make the connection! lol. You are like a blogging special agent-different identities.