Friday, September 12, 2008

9/11 7 years already

Photobucket


It has been 7 years since that horrendous event. I did not post a picture of the planes or smoke or fire because i have seen enough of that. If it is not already in our memories from when it DID happen, all the replays on t.v. sure will burn it into our minds. It's not something i want to see over and over again.

A friend of mine lost her mother in the World Trade Center attacks. Her name was Mary D'Antonio. I know she was a very caring mother and she was my friend's whole world.

I am so sorry for all the people who lost someone special on that horrible day. I pray that you will find solace and peace.

But it makes me proud to see our soldiers fight for our country. No matter what other people's views on the war in Iraq, 9/11 reminds me about how brave our solders are to defend our country with their lives. In our history, it used to be an honor to enlist in the Armed Forces. We as a country have been through so much in our history, and having pride in our country, in our way of life, and our liberties have been so much a part of that. We wouldn't have what we have now (freedom from slavery, freedom of religion, freedom for our values) if our soldiers didn't fight. I know now it seems like a lost cause now, but i still have pride in our soldiers.
I still have pride in our country and what it stands for.

"I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA."- Lee Greenwood (Proud to be An American)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Amen friend, A---men!